Thursday, May 29, 2014

Blog 22: Senior Project Reflection

(1) Positive Statement

What are you most proud of in your block presentation and/or your senior project? Why?

I am most proud of the fact that I was able to push back some of the nervousness and continue speaking for the 30 minute requirement. That was one of my biggest concerns but I was able to achieve that goal. I was also proud of the fact that I incorporated a power point that I made on my own. I was never a technology person but I realized that it helped me keep track of what I was going to talk about through out my entire presentation.

(2) Questions to consider

a. What assessment would you give yourself on your block presentation (self-assessment)?
     P

b. What assessment would you give yourself on your your overall senior project (self-assessment)?
     P

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?

What worked for me in my senior project was being able to attend several hours of mentorship and finding quality research because without those two things, I would not have sufficient information to support my three answers. I am glad that I was able to find a great place to mentor at.

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your senior project if you could back in time?

If I could go back, I would have liked to mentioned a lot more information that I did not get to talk about because I got really nervous. I know I could have gotten more specific and included more information in all three of my answers. I would have also liked to get a second activity that had more to do with the "Spa" focus of my senior project.

(5) Finding Value

How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors? Be specific & use examples.

My senior project has been helpful because with mentorship and with completing this presentation, I was able to continue to gain and practice my communication skills. I was able to meet new people working at the front desk of the spa at the Pacific Palms. With all the hours I spent at my mentorship, I was able to gain experience in the working field and get a taste of how one should work effectively with others. I enjoyed the time and effort that I put into my senior project and opening a day spa is a goal I would really like to achieve in my future. I am also proud that even though I joined Ipoly my Junior year, I was able to show progress and feel like I am a part of the Ipoly family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment