Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog 21: Mentorship

LIA

Literal:
Mentorship log is updated and on the right hand side of my blog

Interpretive:
The most important thing I gained from my experience at my mentorship is that it is easier to communicate with people once you practice it and are more confident in what you are talking about. I was able to talk and meet many people through out my time at the spa. I also learned how to work effectively with others even when it comes to difficult or stressful situations. The work environment at the spa was something completely new to me, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Applied:
What I have done during my mentorship helped me answer my EQ, because I was able to play the roles of running a spa and actually putting each of my answers to practice. For example, I got to participate in one of the Customer Appreciation Nights that was held on Valentine's Day. I also got to work with the manager to see how he works as an effective leader and how he helps employees meet each goal. I ended by focusing on theme and learning why it is important. I was provided with great information that supported my additional outside research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment