Friday, September 6, 2013

Blog 5: Project Reflection & Working EQ

1. The positive thing that has happened as a result of what I have completed so far is that I am going out there and not being super shy like I have always been. Ever since my mentorship and having to deal with not only the kids of all different ages but the other program advisers, I have noticed that I am able to communicate better with others without being so nervous or scared.

2. The book Rich Dad Poor Dad that you suggested has so far provided me with good information on the simple ways of learning how to work with money and how it works. This is a major part of owning and running any type of business which is part of my topic. This book is giving me an idea of the foundation of a good business and how to be able to manage the big picture of the "money" aspect.

3. So far the thing that has worked for me in the senior project is being able to find research on this topic. I was worried at first that I would not find anything specific, but learned that the spa industry is growing. Because of that, there are more articles and current events regarding the spa industry that I am able to use. These include the three that I found up in Cal Poly today and emailed to myself.

4. What hasn't worked so far is mainly getting something to focus on for the EQ. It is difficult to pick because there is so much in this topic that is important. Other than that, every other part of this senior project is going well for me.

5. The potential question I'd like to study this year is "What is the most difficult aspect of managing a spa?"  or "What is the best way for the spa industry to deal with its competition?"
For mentorship, I am planning to be at the Pacific Palms Resort. I promise I keep bugging my sister about it until I get my answer. I am also contacting the other places you suggested. I'm hoping to get the final answer by the beginning of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment